Ike & Jane Cafe and Bakery


Ike & Jane Cafe and Bakery serves delicious baked goods, breakfasts, lunches, and of course coffees and teas. When looking into their social media strategy, I started off as usual by going to their website to look at what information they make readily available to their customers. I was extremely pleased to find that they provided all of their social links at the bottom of their homepage--something that I've only seen only one other cafe do of the eight that I have analyzed this semester. 


Ike & Jane's posts on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook are nearly identical with very little variation. Although their posts are entertaining--featuring their baked goods with amusing posts about upcoming events and holidays--the actual engagement with their audience is fairly low and they have so much more other than baked goods to feature. I would recommend that Ike & Jane's (I) Expand their social media content to display their other menu items (II) Create more of a conversation with followers to encourage more engagement and (III) Avoid posting identical content on all three channels.

I was pleased to find that in addition to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, Ike & Jane's also has a Foursquare and Google Plus account. I think it is a great idea for a small Athens business to feature themselves on Foursquare because it provides a great way for people new to town or visiting to discover them. As for Google Plus however, I don't feel that a presence on that particular channel is beneficial as they currently have only one follower and people's first thought when it comes to following a cafe on a social account is not to go to google plus. 

My final recommendations for Ike & Jane's social media strategy are the following: 
(I) Expand social media content to display other menu items 
(II) Create more of a conversation with followers to encourage more engagement
(III) Avoid posting identical content on all three channels
(IV) Continue to put work into Foursquare account to boost customer base
(V) Disband Google Plus account



Comments

Popular Posts